fredag 11 september 2009

I am only me!

there!

Sorry to bother you but I got two problems and I would appreciate your help.

1. Some of my friends have a tendency to judge people they don’t know because of their looks, the people they hang out with, the sports they like to watch, the activities they like to perform, their way to walk or talk.

I love my friends but I don’t like what they are doing, I think that every person has the same value no matter what! I want to give each individual a chance to show me who they really are, and after an everyday conversation I might have gotten the information and felt the vibes that I need, to say if I like or dislike the person. For some reason I can’t live up to this. I can’t ignore and look away from what other people say and I can’t help getting affected by them and create my own preconceptions.

What should I do to avoid the peer pressure?

2. Many people judge me and put me in to a certain category, and the funny thing is that I’m probably stuck into as many different categories as the number of people who has judged me. Isn’t that a pretty good example on how well these people know me? I am tired of being called a drama queen, a nerd, a whore, a bitch, a no-namer and all the other things I apparently am. Why can´t I erase all these headlines and become just me? Isn’t that enough?

I know that these two problems have an obvious connection; without the first issue the second one wouldn’t exist. But is it possible to stop this judging and give everyone a chance, or would that make the current social breakdown fall apart?

I really want to find a solution, but before we solve this big global problem, how do I rewind and restart? How do I make the picture right? How do I make it a portrait of me?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar